Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services.

Independent work permit may be given by the Ministry to the foreigners, who will work independently, on conditions that they have resided in Turkey legally and uninterruptedly for at least five years and their working shall have a positive effect on employment and economic development

While evaluating the effects on employment, related authorities’ opinions are considered too. The fact that the foreigner has fulfilled the condition, of having had a legal und uninterrupted residence for at least five years, shall be evidenced by the certificate to be obtained from the police authorities. This certificate shall be presented to the Ministry along with the other documents during the application for independent work permit.

While evaluating whether the condition has been fulfilled that the foreigner has legally and uninterruptedly resided for at least five years; periods passed during education are not taken into consideration. On the other hand, the educational periods of the foreigner’s spouse and children, who have come to Turkey together with the foreigner, have resided together with the foreigner and having undergone education at the same time, are considered as residence terms.

The residence permit periods of foreigners, who have been given the independent work permit, shall be determined by the Ministry of Internal Affairs in accordance with the regulations related to the foreigners’ residence and voyages in Turkey.

The independent work permit shall be used depending on the residence permit unless there is any change in its scope

In case the police authorities do not extend the periods of residence permits granted based on any independent work permit, the Ministry shall be advised.

Any foreigner considered appropriate to be granted an independent work permit, shall be delivered a “Certificate of Application for Independent Work Permit” related to the latter’s permission to work independently. The certificate of application for independent work permit is valid for a period of three months from the date it has been issued.

The foreigner may be granted the independent work permit, after having established his/her worksite, in case the latter submits his/her trade register record to the Ministry.

Ministry of Labour and Social Security
Turkish Labour Law

Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services.